In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The tunes are a better blend of melodic grace supported by delicious twists of harmonic subtlety.
- The melodic material on which all five movements are based appears in the first.
- The nature of the piece includes very melodic writing with a singing quality to the lines.
- If anything, there is an even greater range of mood and melodic expression than in the Ravel.
- All melodic and harmonic intervals up to the fifth are employed in these pieces.
- The timpanist is the featured member of the trio, carrying the majority of melodic weight.
- In every class, teachers sing melodic patterns and chords that children imitate.
- They had a wonderful sound, even in a few simple melodic notes from one of the Nocturnes.
- Its flowing melodic lines for trombone soloist build up strong emotional intensity.
- Andie is known to be one of the more melodic bassists in town.
- Acoustic guitars are strummed hard and fast on some songs, and are played with melodic flair on others.
- The primo and secondo parts are usually equal in difficulty and share melodic interest.
- The stunning and grandiose set compliments the beauty of Puccini's emotionally melodic score.
- The simple melodic pattern of psalmody is often embellished, varied, or extended to generate more elaborate forms.
- It is filled with melodic ideas sufficient for five operas, and many of them vanish as soon as they appear.
- He has a fine gift for melody, and it would be fair to say that melodic considerations drive the piece.
- The second movement is a scherzo constructed primarily of five short melodic phrases.
- It is an extremely rhythmic and melodic collection of songs that expresses pop in the most subtle of ways.
- The second movement is rather quiet, with long melodic lines and some striking melody.
- Underpinning every song are melodic rhythms typical of Malian music.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.