In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Josef Suk can always be counted upon to produce good, well crafted and melodious music and these three compositions certainly live up to that description.
- I also enjoyed Howard Shelley's playing in the concluding Allegro moderato which is also very melodious.
- The 64 melodious polyphonic ring tones, which are composed on a Yamaha piano, offer a wide variety of choices, from classical to New Age and even funk.
- Some of the most popular and melodious Bulgarian hits invited everyone to dance even though there was little space for hand waving and impressive steps.
- Boubil and Schonberg created a score with countless showstoppers linked with recitative that is melodious and easily understood.
- Somewhere in the distance in the once quiet forest, a bird started to sing a melodious tune.
- They sang beautifully, several melodious old tunes I'd never heard before.
- By comparison, their playing was straight, sometimes lumpy, with no attempts to arch the phrases in a melodious fashion.
- The cassette has one soulful, melodious stretch of instrumental music that is sure to be soothing to anyone listening to it.
- A golden bird sang a melodious song as it sat, perched in a glittering green tree.
- No sooner had the melodious Chopin finished when a newfangled Gershwin song was beating away.
- The conductor and the orchestra have played the melodious and popular classics ad infinitum and they want a change.
- About a year later Flagello wrote Sea Cliffs, which is a melodious, sentimental, short work for string orchestra.
- Liszt tells the poet's story with music that is memorably melodious and dramatic; this is one of the highlights among the thirteen.
- From 1912, this piece, in the key of E minor, is very expressive and melodious with an element of sadness.
- It's a good song, catchy and melodious with decent lyrics.
- This recording is exciting, gorgeous, weaving the rhythm of the drum with melodious strings, wind instruments and female chant.
- In contrast, the dances of Asia stand out for their splendid colour and costumes and melodious instrumental music and drum beats.
- Running her tiny fingers on the keyboard, Ksemya plays such melodious music that the after-effect lingers on for a while.
- Daniel was quite busy playing a melodious viola-violin duet with Delia.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.