In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1melón masculinefeminine sandía
- They lived with his father and mother, and began growing crops of sweet corn, melons, pomegranates, figs and dates.
- Fruits include the indigenous melons, grapes, mulberries, peaches, apricots, nectarines, and pomegranates, as well as medlars, persimmons, oranges, melons, and sweet lemons.
- There were stalls on all sides filled with ripe melons, crisp looking apples, fresh bananas and every type of bread possible.
- I preferred berries on shortcake with a big scoop of ice cream, but I had to admit those melons were sweet.
- Cantaloupe is a perfect mix with other melons and fruit - kiwi, bananas, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, grapes and raspberries, to name a few.
- Scoop the seeds from the melon, slice away the skin and cut the flesh into six thin slices.
- They love fruits such as grapes, apples, oranges and melons, and a variety of vegetables such as carrots, corn, peas and broccoli.
- You know that the cherries are sweet, the ciabatta baked that morning and the melon so ripe that each slice will dissolve icily in your mouth.
- You'll discover winter melons that keep until Christmas, melons that taste like pineapples and melons sweeter than any you've ever tasted.
- Don't rush the planting of sweet corn, melons, pumpkins and capsicums.
- Fruits and vegetables that love long, warm summers - melons, gourds, and corn - typically do well here.
- We offer samples of everything from cucumbers to sweet peppers to melons.
- Eat lots of bioflavinoid-rich fruit (cherries, melons, blueberries, strawberries, kiwi fruit and grapes) to protect the mucous membranes.
- The bittersweet Limoncello is positively breathtaking with the ripe orange-fleshed melon and fat, sweet blackberries.
- They also love ripe melons and bananas and grapes.
- The fruits exported comprise apples, grapes, melons, limes, guavas, pear, sultans, lemons and plums.
- Fruits are plentiful, including mangoes, melons, oranges, bananas, and pineapples.
- If you've ever suffered poor fruit sets of apples, cherries, cucumbers, melons, or strawberries, the reason might be too few honeybees.
- In the first section there were ripe melons, cantaloupe, pineapple, oranges, strawberries, plain and fruity yogurt, and fruit salad.
- When the tendril closest to a fruit turns brown and dries up, the melon is ripe.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.