In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1objetos de interés masculineVictorian memorabilia — objetos de interés de la época victoriana
- The Railway Museum houses an impressive collection of historical railway memorabilia.
- Mahendra has his own collection of memorabilia which he has sourced from Australia and South Africa.
- His collection of bridge memorabilia is said to number five thousand items.
- She leads me through a collection of memorabilia which starkly bring to life the awesome task these early settlers faced just to stay alive.
- And I showed pictures from the vast collection of memorabilia Daniel has built up during the past seven years.
- I have a room at home full of memorabilia that I have collected, dating over the last fifteen years or so.
- Bell is an avid collector of music memorabilia, with a violinist focus of course.
- One of the highlights of the day was the collection of memorabilia that the late David Hardcastle had left that pertained to the fixture.
- Marie amassed the most important collection of Napoleon memorabilia in the world.
- Collectors of memorabilia will be familiar with a souvenir plate issued by the City of Leeds which carries the date June 26.
- Resch says his reverence for the past led him to begin to collect some memorabilia.
- Norpa is keen to collect old photos, memorabilia and stories about Lismore's major floods.
- It has a small museum with a collection of memorabilia, including examples of a lot of the lively art which found its way onto aircraft noses.
- He collects sporting memorabilia including 39 signed rugby balls and countless signed photos of players.
- These photos, along with Walt Burton's collection of period memorabilia, give us a unique view of that historic event.
- The committee is also compiling a collection of memorabilia from previous shows to be put on display on the show day.
- Visitors from around the world travel to see its unique collection of memorabilia from international aircrews.
- Also, if you do have any celebrity memorabilia that you've collected sell it quick before the market collapses.
- This is an interesting collection of memorabilia about Bedford from the 1940s onward.
- Mr Hope believes the games will help raise the profile of railway modelling and memorabilia collecting.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.