In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
Physics Anatomy Optics
- In some cases, there may not be a specific injury, but the meniscus can tear due to repetitive loads and chronic degeneration.
- The curve of the meniscus between the fluids can be altered with currents sent through the tube, which changes the focus of the lens.
- I recall spending lengthy moments reading the meniscus on a thermometer to determine the precise temperature reading in an experiment.
- It's the same with lenses; in addition, the self-centering problem is even more pronounced for meniscus shapes and other optics with long focal lengths.
- He had a torn meniscus, which is the same thing, it's a torn muscle.
- DeSagana Diop had surgery yesterday to repair a torn meniscus and will be out four to six weeks.
- In January 1992, arthrography was done of the left knee, which showed according to Dr. Bernard Parent no sign of any tearing of the meniscus.
- Petzval produced an achromatic portrait lens that was vastly superior to the simple meniscus lens then in use.
- When the water column is cut, the pressure of the water column is increased to atmospheric pressure when the meniscus is flat.
- It is based on the analysis of light reflection at a fluid meniscus whose radius of curvature is related to its surface tension.
- Another coverslip was placed inside the cylinder floating on top of the liquid layer, in order to obtain a flat meniscus.
- Within a week of having 85 per cent of his meniscus removed, he was running, and three days later he was back playing for the Swans.
- Invented in 1876, the Mangin mirror consists of a meniscus negative lens with a mirrored convex second surface.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.