1the menopause — la menopausia
- the male menopause — la andropausia
- Smoking can cause infertility and an early menopause in women, and sperm problems in men.
- In women after the menopause, the lack of oestrogen can lead to a weakening of the muscles associated with the bladder and the urethral sphincter.
- After menopause, the ovaries produce lower levels of the hormones estrogen and progesterone.
- Menstrual cycles can occur without ovulation taking place as the menopause approaches.
- Loss of muscle increases six-fold at the time of the menopause so it may have a connection with estrogen.