In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1menstrualthe menstrual cycle — el ciclo menstrual
- The roots and rhizomes are widely used in the treatment of menopausal symptoms and menstrual dysfunction.
- We examined whether women with irregular cycles have more menstrual symptoms than do women with regular cycles.
- An incorrect menstrual history can, of course, alter the correct interpretation of the test.
- The first day of the menstrual cycle is defined as the first day of menstrual blood loss.
- Patients may also present with chronic lower abdominal or pelvic pain, or alterations in the menstrual pattern.
- In all instances, the irregular women reported more menstrual distress than did the regular women.
- Perhaps someone was using them to relieve arthritis pain, a headache or painful menstrual cramps.
- Do you think someone's behavior may be telling you about a menstrual disorder?
- However, another study concluded that an early second injection does not change menstrual patterns.
- The adolescent needs to know that the menstrual changes are not harmful.
- Thus, a low percentage of body fat should be seen as a signal that disordered eating and menstrual disturbances may be present
- During a normal menstrual cycle, if pregnancy does not occur, the endometrium is shed as menstrual flow.
- Such hormones are often prescribed for painful menstrual cramps and ovarian cysts, among other problems.
- In addition, abnormal menstrual bleeding can be controlled to some extent by the use of hormonal medications.
- The gestational age of all women was confirmed, either by menstrual dates or by second trimester ultrasonography.
- Women must have sufficient iron stores to prevent iron deficiency from menstrual blood loss or pregnancy.
- If menstrual irregularity occurs in the adolescent with bulimia, a limited evaluation is necessary.
- Firstly, there is a large discrepancy between women's perception of their menstrual loss and accurate measurement of the blood flow.
- A sample of 2,000 women completed a questionnaire about their menstrual pain.
- The menstrual status of the subjects was monitored during the study to check whether it remained unchanged.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.