- But considering how much time we spend on that time of the month - from puberty to menopause, the average woman menstruates almost seven whole years - many of us know surprisingly little about it.
- Some women stop menstruating as early as their late 30s.
- Women menstruate for an average of 40 years of their lives.
- Other studies have shown that women undertaking extreme exercise regimens had ceased ovulating and menstruating.
- Women who start menstruating early in life or who have a late menopause have an increased risk of developing breast cancer.