- Women have higher iron needs because of physiological losses through menstruation and pregnancy.
- Typically, menstruation and ovulation cease with the menopause, at around age 51 or 52.
- Topics will include menstruation, sexuality, pregnancy and childbirth in a cultural context.
- Women around the age of 50 are usually considered to be past their menopause if menstruation has not occurred for a year.
- Your temperature rises after ovulation and falls back down again at menstruation, until the next time you ovulate.