In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(process/health/powers/illness) mental(hospital/patient) psiquiátricomental torture — tortura psicológica
- to make a mental note of sth — tomar nota de algo mentalmente
- I've already formed a mental picture / image of the place — yo ya me he hecho una idea del lugar
- It is said that with fading age, the physical and mental faculties do not remain as strong.
- Finally let me address prevention of mental illness and promotion of mental health.
- Brentano did in fact hold that every mental phenomenon is an object of inner consciousness.
- Power tools should only be used when your mental and physical faculties are at their best.
- A mental disorder only arises when we lose the capacity to differentiate between imagination and reality.
- It is good for the mental faculties to start classes early in the morning and finish by afternoon.
- A Scottish study claims that people's mental faculties were reduced after a lifetime smoking.
- No one in full possession of their mental faculties would describe them as dull or generic.
- It's not a definable mental or physical illness, with causes that can be diagnosed and treated.
- Nowadays, music is both applied for patients with mental disorders and healthy people.
- Medium secure units admit patients for the assessment and treatment of mental disorder associated with risk.
- This disease of old age starts as memory loss and manifests in a person with the total loss of mental faculties.
- Are there enough mental health professions to deliver the therapy that is needed?
- It is time that this Government took mental illness and mental health seriously.
- Both of these ideas led to and reinforced theories that lack of hair was caused by mental activity or high intelligence.
- Most patients with a mental disorder have a mixture of depressive and anxiety disorder.
- His message - make your brain sweat if you want to enjoy your mental life to its fullest.
- Even if we had a map of her entire mental mind, we still wouldn't be able to predict anything.
- Secondly, there is no evidence that treatment prevents suicide in patients with any mental disorder.
- There is the belief that functional brain scanning can individuate mental pathologies in the living brain.
- Young prisoners had considerably more inpatient treatments for mental disorders than did the controls.
- Furthermore, the fact that a patient is suffering from a mental disorder cannot of itself mean that he lacks capacity.
- That was indeed the situation in the present case: the verdict and the order were silent as to the form of mental disorder.
- Why do you invest even one brain cell of your mental capital on figuring out his motivation?
- Just as there are physical phenomena, in the same manner there are mental phenomena.
- The exhibit looks at the lives of people living with mental illness within mental institutions.
- During her time as a patient no treatment for mental disorder or illness was given.
- You have to put your aches and pains in the back of your mind and that takes mental toughness.
- We left the rainforest clearing content in our minds about the mental and physical wellbeing of our son.
- Early intervention in psychosis is a relatively new concept in mental health.
- More often than not the inability to cope manifests itself in mental disorders, says experts.
- The club was set up for and by people who have suffered through mental illness in the past.
- The team also looked at admissions for mental and behavioural disorders caused by controlled drugs.
- Consequent on her early abusive experiences, she has pervasive developmental mental disorder.
- These simple lifestyle interventions may just help to preserve our mental faculties as we age.
- The illness of a relative meant that we, his family, were fully aware of his abhorrence of the loss of mental faculty.
- At any given moment we all have a mental concept of who we are, and usually several.
- Indeed, psychiatrists do not talk of insanity but prefer to use terms such as mental illness or mental disorder.
- Only about ten percent of the elderly who need treatment for mental disorders get it.
- In mental health illnesses, visitors can and do play a very important role in aiding patient recovery.
2Britishinformal(mad)to be mental — estar chiflado
- to go mental — (with excitement) desmadrarse
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.