In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in restaurant)carta femininemenú masculine Latin Americamasculine menúlamb's not on the menu — no hay cordero
- These restaurants are jam packed and serving their full menus throughout the night during Ganpatis.
- Business and conference guests will be targeted on weekdays, with a varied menu to include Indian dishes.
- All the dishes on the menu are original home-made recipes, freshly prepared for an authentic taste.
- Otherwise we could choose from 30 seafood dishes on the standard menu, most containing prawns.
- Because diet is a central aspect of controlling blood sugar, daily menus, recipes, and shopping lists are provided.
- They have a full-time nutritionist who has written up recipe books for all of the players and given suggested menus to the restaurants where the Munster players eat lunch.
- But, almost from the moment we were handed our menus, we were subjected to a seemingly never-ending procession of staff asking if we were ready to order.
- For a complete view of a restaurant's menu items and prices, many restaurants will post their menus outside the restaurant.
- The menu lists not only the dishes, but also reveals the chef's kitchen secrets.
- He very kindly spoke with the chef who offered to prepare dishes from our preferred menu.
- Darren had to plan a menu and cook and serve a main course and dessert for four people.
- They are already drawing up the guest list and the menu of champagne and cake for the wedding they hope to have this summer.
- It took us the half hour wait to decide what we were going to order, because it was just one of those menus where each dish sounds better than the last.
- There was a good choice of starters, both from the standard menu and the specials list.
- Let's see more baked potatoes and lentil soup on school menus, fruit juices being promoted instead of branded fizzy drinks.
- There is the odd posh word on the menu but most dishes are properly explained and do exactly what they say on the label.
- After being shown to our table we were handed the wine list and menus.
- We thought that we would point to a few dishes on the menu, hoping for the best.
- The site also features a meal planner, which allows consumers to print not only recipes, but also menus and shopping lists.
- For food, the Philadelphia City Paper lists recent reviews of area restaurants and some downloadable menus.
- And wouldn't it be easier not to overeat if restaurant menus divulged the calories in each dish?
- The ground floor is billed as a wine bar but has a full menu, and the restaurant is on the first floor.
- Although the bill of fare is chalked up behind the servery, menus are available to enable leisurely contemplation before selection.
- Le Rouge was filled with people, waiters weaving carefully between tables, delivering food and menus to people at the tables.
- The children were able to choose their own menu to serve their teachers at the end of their course.
- It says restaurant menus increasingly list details of food producers and suppliers.
- When customers traveled to Europe, they would return to the shop with recipes and menus from restaurants.
- There will be a special fare for food lovers and the menu would be designed in the form of a cricket bat.
- Homely restaurants serve inexpensive fixed menus known as comida corrida.
- Fortunately they had renovated both the restaurant and then menu, and the food was gorgeous.
- Use beverage menus or spirits lists to pique customer interest in your selection.
- Most of the time, Mrs Allana decides the menu of meals and monitors the quality of food provided to them.
- The restaurants were chosen for their well-balanced menus, the quality of their wine list and the consistency of their cooking.
- Other fast food chains are propping up the higher end of their menus with Angus beef burgers at Hardee's and fancy salads at Wendy's.
- Larga also provides guests with a northern menu of food such as bannock, caribou stew and fish.
- The menu changes daily, food is locally sourced and cooked to order, and there's lots of fresh fish.
- At the end of the book is a list of suggested menus for each age group.
- There is a good restaurant at the South Sea Hotel serving a mixed menu including sea food.
- Despite reading menus and ingredients lists carefully, it is easy to eat a problem food by accident.
- Right before we ate all the children walked around to the adults and handed out handwritten food and drink menus.
- The screen also provides ample room to see the menu commands, making the camera functions easy to navigate.
- A number of menus are available when you are inside the administrative interface, and some of these menus have submenus as well.
- Once you've got past the first layer of the menu system, which uses a screen full of icons, the subsequent menus are dense lists of text.
- I've removed the short-lived dropdown menus, anyway.
- Important operations are hidden in right-mouse-click pop-up menus and do not also appear on the main menus or toolbars.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.