In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Book value can increase as a result of mergers, and it can go up if a company has just sold a lot of new equity.
- The new merger law provides the basis for voluntary or compulsory mergers and acquisitions.
- Over the last few years, there have been several high profile mergers within the industry.
- However, neither of these approaches provided a clear path to the control of mergers.
- The deal's size and the poor history of tech mergers made it a long shot from the start.
- During the 1980s mergers and acquisitions were primarily aimed at buying hard assets.
- The travel slump hit earnings across the tourism industry, prompting a number of mergers and profit warnings.
- Because cooperation was legal, there was less pressure for industry-wide mergers.
- Brokerages rely on huge investment banking fees from stock and bond offerings and mergers.
- Once mergers of that scale have already occurred, then the whole industry is pretty much consolidated out.
- Other mergers seek to make cost-savings by integrating operations, sometimes on a world scale.
- But it is the story of a culture clash, and a textbook example for why mergers so often go so horribly wrong.
- It seems that evolutionary growth was limited and the industry saw mergers and acquisitions as the answer.
- He sees the job of a mergers regulator as setting down clear standards for companies to follow.
- You will also need to appoint a lawyer with experience of mergers and acquisitions work.
- What is at first glance surprising is that so few mergers and acquisitions of banks have fallen into the antitrust net.
- Legacy issues and integration problems following mergers and acquisitions.
- Many big mergers are paid for with shares, and big changes in those can derail deals before they complete.
- One important factor here was the development of large-scale business through mergers.
- Others feel betrayed as mergers are seen to undermine disciplinary integrity.
2(of organizations etc)fusión feminineunión feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.