In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In Jameson, an employee contracted mesothelioma from exposure to asbestos at work.
- Now, of course, it is well known that it can cause asbestosis or mesothelioma, a malignant tumour of the lung lining caused by inhaling asbestos fibres.
- Therefore, the existence of childhood mesothelioma may be one reason why researchers do not attribute all mesotheliomas to asbestos exposure.
- It was only seven months earlier that the asbestos cancer, mesothelioma, had been diagnosed.
- By the age of 48 he was diagnosed with mesothelioma, nicknamed asbestos cancer, and died five years later at his home in Lanhill View.
- SV40 does not have a role in the majority of malignant mesotheliomas - a cancer associated with exposure to asbestos - according to a study in this month's Cancer Research.
- Periodic health surveillance for lung cancer or mesothelioma is not recommended.
- At least 3500 people in Great Britain die each year from mesothelioma and asbestos related lung cancer as a result of past exposure to asbestos.
- The fibres stick in lung tissue, causing fatal diseases such as asbestosis and mesothelioma, both rare and aggressive forms of cancer.
- Such asbestos-related diseases include mesothelioma, a terminal cancer of the lining of the lungs.
- At the age of 58, he has the incurable asbestos-related cancer mesothelioma and could have only months left to live.
- Then, there's the fact that not every mesothelioma is caused by asbestos.
- He said ‘There is an equivocal association between mesothelioma and asbestos exposure.’
- About 90% of deaths due to mesothelioma are due to exposure to asbestos in unmonitored settings.
- His solicitors said he was in good health until diagnosed in December 2002 with mesothelioma caused by asbestos exposure.
- Malignant mesothelioma is an uncommon neoplasm yet it is the most common primary malignancy of the pleura.
- And as yet there is no cure for mesothelioma, a cancer of the lung lining caused by asbestos.
- Conversely, there are few risk factors other than asbestos exposure for mesothelioma.
- However, some individuals with only brief exposures have developed mesothelioma.
- The coroner recorded a verdict that he died from the industrial disease mesothelioma, an asbestos-related cancer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.