In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(communication)mensaje masculinea message of support — un mensaje de apoyo
- would you like to leave a message, can I take a message? — ¿quiere dejar algún recado?
- could you give him a message? — ¿podría darle un recado?
- This facility uses the same ability to write to a user's console to send messages directly to their screen.
- For more information and to send messages of support phone 07961 106 095.
- Maybe he was too slack at half-time. Maybe the tone in his voice sent the wrong message.
- Written information may complement verbal messages, thus enhancing concordance and encouraging behaviour change.
- The messages are not sent directly to the recipient's phone, rather the sender and the recipient must subscribe to the service which provides a secret link for them to access the message.
- Text messaging is the cellphone technology that allows users to send and receive written messages through their phones.
- When the newspaper attempted to leave him telephone messages to contact the newsroom, his mailbox was full.
- They are also linked to ringmaster, a telephone system for sending a voice message instantly to everyone on the system.
- Prompting strategies are verbal or written antecedent messages that designate desirable target behaviors.
- It makes it clear that senders cannot send such messages unless they have the recipient's prior consent.
- During the war, he served in North Africa and Italy, a communications specialist, sending messages from Field Marshal Alexander to London.
- For more information and to send messages of support phone Newham Unison on 07961 106 095.
- Pope John Paul is said to be alert and writing up messages just a day after throat surgery.
- Recipients can reply to messages immediately and it also records the conversation - which could be saved for playback.
- And we couldn't have written the message he sent better ourselves.
- Fife Fire and Rescue Service in Scotland has teamed up with mobile phone giant Orange to allow crews to send picture messages to accident and emergency units directly from the scene.
- He has no emotion and responds directly to the messages he is sent.
- I even used birds to send my messages from here directly to Devlin.
- Visitors were invited to leave messages on a voice recording offering their ideas on freedom.
- Verbal messages expressed by voices often are highly emotional.
2(of novel, song)mensaje masculinethe message of the Gospel — el mensaje del Evangelio
- There are no political or moral messages here, and though it clearly is an anti-war film, the point isn't belabored.
- In spite of the sorrows depicted, the film conveys the messages of resistance and peace.
- In some ways, the film's political messages are subservient to its desire to undermine the big-budget formula.
- As films laced with social messages go, this one is surely different.
- This film does convey a message, and it comes at the end, after the final bullet is fired, when the kiss has been planted on the lips.
- Peer influence is exerted via social support, social comparison, and explicit and implicit messages conveyed in intimate interactions.
- Sunil Kumar has used the comic character of Charlie Chaplin to convey his message through the film.
- However, the cinemas were not full of serious films with a political message.
- She appears in films that appeal to her heart and makes short ad films with a social message.
- Significant religious and political messages intended for an Arab and Islamic audience were completely missed.
- Kurosawa's film conveys these messages without utilizing crude sadomasochistic images, yet it's a much more frightening film.
- Most non-governmental organisations use street plays to convey important social messages.
- And, again, the restrained political, social, and moral messages are insightful and stimulating.
- No creative writer is interested in conveying a message, whether political or social.
- Acclaimed for using a popular format to pass on the social message, the film had used the soap opera look to cash in on a large audience.
- This shift signifies the overall message of the film - that Janice is the one with the problem, not Jane.
- Most of that material, however, while interesting, is marginal to the political message of the film.
- Writers should certainly have opinions about the social messages within the films.
- Several non-government organisations and even government agencies have made an effort to make films with strong social messages.
- Can videogames convey social and political messages and still be a lot of fun?
3British informal, dialect(errand)to run a message for sb — hacerle un mandado a algn Latin America
- to do the messages — hacer las compras
1enviar un mensaje de texto
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.