In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(noticeboard)tablero de anuncios masculinetablón de anuncios masculine Spaincartelera feminine Latin Americadiario mural masculine Chile
2Computingtablero de mensajes masculine Latin America Spaincarteleo de mensajes masculine Latin America Spaintablón de mensajes masculine Latin America Spain
- One site features a message board with a dozen hysterical attempts to translate a song.
- I met him on a message board on the Internet and things sort of progressed from there.
- An Internet message board has been pulled amid allegations it was used by bullies to harass and victimise school children.
- Once the most identifiable feature of the Web site, the online message board no longer exists.
- An on-line message board, where a web site's patrons chat with each other, is a very simple example of community.
- Lastly, if the site or journal is too obscure, I may as well go post on some random message board.
- The rogue links were posted on a message board for the school - giving children possible access to hardcore porn.
- Well isn't nice that we can post our responses to an internet message board instead of freezing in a cell?
- Kelly was checking an Internet message board during the commercials.
- I saw Robert, the man who could not speak, reading the message board.
- You need to register on our message board if you aren't already registered.
- For those of us who are customers it is well worth reading the message board where staff shine some light on the workings of the company.
- My Internet bird message board has been bombarding me with articles on why gravel is bad.
- Isaacs memorised the information while his friend was out of the room and then posted it on a financial message board.
- Their site's message board contains a mixture of sympathy and criticism.
- I've been reading this message board on and off since it started, although I've never posted until now.
- The same thing can be said of your opinion, whether it's on a blog, or a message board, or a commercial news site.
- At least not in any way that spewing it all out on an internet message board is going to make any clearer.
- At least one flamewar about that issue is already under way in this area of the site's message board.
- I see the message board as a crucial piece, but not the only piece, of an online community.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.