In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(noticeboard)tablero de anuncios masculinetablón de anuncios masculine Spaincartelera feminine Latin Americadiario mural masculine Chile
2Computingtablero de mensajes masculinecarteleo de mensajes masculine Latin Americatablón de mensajes masculine Spain
- Well isn't nice that we can post our responses to an internet message board instead of freezing in a cell?
- An on-line message board, where a web site's patrons chat with each other, is a very simple example of community.
- Once the most identifiable feature of the Web site, the online message board no longer exists.
- Kelly was checking an Internet message board during the commercials.
- One site features a message board with a dozen hysterical attempts to translate a song.
- My Internet bird message board has been bombarding me with articles on why gravel is bad.
- Lastly, if the site or journal is too obscure, I may as well go post on some random message board.
- I see the message board as a crucial piece, but not the only piece, of an online community.
- For those of us who are customers it is well worth reading the message board where staff shine some light on the workings of the company.
- I met him on a message board on the Internet and things sort of progressed from there.
- I saw Robert, the man who could not speak, reading the message board.
- I've been reading this message board on and off since it started, although I've never posted until now.
- Their site's message board contains a mixture of sympathy and criticism.
- Isaacs memorised the information while his friend was out of the room and then posted it on a financial message board.
- An Internet message board has been pulled amid allegations it was used by bullies to harass and victimise school children.
- The rogue links were posted on a message board for the school - giving children possible access to hardcore porn.
- The same thing can be said of your opinion, whether it's on a blog, or a message board, or a commercial news site.
- You need to register on our message board if you aren't already registered.
- At least not in any way that spewing it all out on an internet message board is going to make any clearer.
- At least one flamewar about that issue is already under way in this area of the site's message board.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.