In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Phenotypic variation can be brought about by altering hormone metabolism.
- Altered carbohydrate, fat, and protein metabolism leads to a catabolic state.
- Its function for anaerobic glycerol metabolism is unknown and in fact has not been studied so far.
- There appears to be a common logic that can be discerned behind the list of these pleiotropic changes in cell metabolism.
- There are three enzyme systems directly involved in sucrose metabolism.
- These hormones are related to metabolism, and thus to nutritional and metabolic status.
- It is also known that peroxisomal metabolism is lower in fish than in mammals.
- The research programme aims to examine the nucleotide metabolism of germinating plant seeds.
- One of the effects of flavonoids is the ability to modulate xenobiotic metabolism.
- Nitrogen uptake and metabolism are central for vegetative and reproductive plant growth.
- Seed germination is a developmental process of reactivation of metabolism to originate a new plant.
- In addition to carbohydrate metabolism, other processes were affected by stress.
- Legume seed development is closely related to metabolism and nutrient transport.
- Dietary fructose effects on lipoprotein metabolism and risk for coronary artery disease.
- This whole process of metabolism is analogous to filling a tank with fluid until it overflows.
- Lysine metabolism in plants is regulated both by the rate of its synthesis and catabolism.
- These fragments are possibly the consequence of metabolism in plasma or kidney.
- There are many examples in which hexose metabolism is required for sensing.
- Soluble carbohydrates have a key regulatory role in carbohydrate metabolism.
- Cysteine represents the site at which sulphur enters amino acid metabolism.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.