In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Lysine metabolism in plants is regulated both by the rate of its synthesis and catabolism.
- These hormones are related to metabolism, and thus to nutritional and metabolic status.
- Nitrogen uptake and metabolism are central for vegetative and reproductive plant growth.
- There are three enzyme systems directly involved in sucrose metabolism.
- This whole process of metabolism is analogous to filling a tank with fluid until it overflows.
- Legume seed development is closely related to metabolism and nutrient transport.
- In addition to carbohydrate metabolism, other processes were affected by stress.
- One of the effects of flavonoids is the ability to modulate xenobiotic metabolism.
- It is also known that peroxisomal metabolism is lower in fish than in mammals.
- Its function for anaerobic glycerol metabolism is unknown and in fact has not been studied so far.
- Altered carbohydrate, fat, and protein metabolism leads to a catabolic state.
- Seed germination is a developmental process of reactivation of metabolism to originate a new plant.
- Phenotypic variation can be brought about by altering hormone metabolism.
- The research programme aims to examine the nucleotide metabolism of germinating plant seeds.
- Soluble carbohydrates have a key regulatory role in carbohydrate metabolism.
- Cysteine represents the site at which sulphur enters amino acid metabolism.
- There are many examples in which hexose metabolism is required for sensing.
- There appears to be a common logic that can be discerned behind the list of these pleiotropic changes in cell metabolism.
- These fragments are possibly the consequence of metabolism in plasma or kidney.
- Dietary fructose effects on lipoprotein metabolism and risk for coronary artery disease.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.