- How long it takes for the body to metabolize each drink?
- Besides beneficial fiber, foods rich in complex carbs contain vitamins and minerals, which help your body digest, absorb, and metabolize protein, fat, and carbohydrates.
- Keep fit - fitter bodies metabolise alcohol more easily.
- Meanwhile, as the liver metabolises alcohol it produces acetaldehyde, a vinegar-like substance which has a toxic effects on the liver itself, the brain and the stomach lining, causing severe headaches.
- If you follow this meal pattern, your digestion is generally never taxed beyond its capacity, and your body efficiently metabolizes the food you eat.
- Because of my metabolic problems, my body doesn't metabolize the food correctly.
- The rate at which the liver metabolizes these herbs and drugs determines the length of time these herbs or drugs stay active in the body.
- When the body metabolizes glucose, energy to fuel essential body functions is produced.
- These alkaloids are produced when our bodies metabolise beer, wine or spirits, and have been found in chocolate at concentrations of as high as 7 micrograms per gram.
- If we swim hard or work under water, we breathe more, because our bodies metabolise food and oxygen to produce energy.
- These proteins determine, among other things, how the organism looks, how well its body metabolizes food or fights infection and sometimes even how it behaves.
- If protein is provided continually, the extra protein and amino acids are metabolized by the body, requiring more energy.
- Ceasing caffeine consumption five to six hours prior to sleeping, thus allowing more time for the body to metabolize the caffeine, will lessen these side-effects.
- The rate at which their livers metabolize a drug and at which their kidneys eliminate it are different.
- Water suppresses the appetite and helps the body metabolize stored fat.
- Researchers looking for the potential biochemical basis for this link have focused on acetaldehyde, a suspected carcinogen formed as the body metabolizes alcohol.
- Two scientists at Vrije University in Amsterdam said components in coffee seem to help the body metabolize sugar, thereby reducing the risk of diabetes, which affects 130 million people worldwide.
- While sleep deprivation can have varying effects on your health, it can definitely hamper the way your body metabolizes certain foods and your preparation for athletic performance.
- Type 2 diabetes is a chronic medical condition that affects the way your body metabolizes sugar (glucose).
- He says doctors have told him his body metabolises oxygen at an unusually high rate.