In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Files that never change are backed up only once as are identical files, thanks to metadata - data about data.
- Remember, metadata is a description of the data that accompanies the data in XML.
- For descriptive metadata it may even be an entry in a catalog if the catalog record can be adequately referenced.
- That metadata includes the path name, and the attributes used to view storage and use storage.
- Link the Microprocessor metadata to supporting documentation useful for operation.
- Although metadata is integral to the Semantic Web, metadata on its own is far from sufficient.
- The researchers resolved disagreements by consensus and entered the outcomes and their metadata into a database.
- In effect, this is all part of the Semantic Web, which aims to give order to the internet by using metadata to describe a document's contents.
- This would allow virtually any kind of additional file metadata to be stored with a file.
- By giving immediate use to metadata, people add metadata.
- The company has quietly released a tool to scrub leaky metadata from documents edited with its software.
- Commercial search engines practice automatic metadata generation in two situations.
- He maintains that any scheme that requires humans to input metadata with their data will fail.
- It is the collection of metadata that allows computer software to reliably deal with the data.
- Users need this information to contact the publisher of the displayed metadata.
- In the context of biological informatics, metadata is an interoperability issue.
- Smith also points out that the ratio of actual data with respect to metadata will continue to shrink.
- Cheap metadata is metadata made by someone else, or rather by many someone elses.
- When a file system's data or metadata becomes scrambled, data corruption ensues.
- First, it does not store any metadata changes, such as the permissions of a file or the renaming of a file.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.