In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1trabajo en metales masculinemetalistería feminine
- In the first building the children would have classrooms while the other building was used for woodwork and metalwork where we were given the job of building a bookshelf for the classroom.
- When I started teaching, it was about woodwork, metalwork, engineering and technical drawing.
- The new centre offers courses in typing, computer and leatherwork skills for girls, and carpentry, metalwork and construction skills for boys.
- Trainees can specialize in two-year courses in joinery, metalwork, agricultural machinery maintenance, and construction skills.
- The father-of-three enjoyed practical subjects like metalwork which he finds useful in his present job and the first aid course was helpful.
- Farming, carpentry, metalwork and leatherwork skills and services will be core activities.
- Excavations have revealed a complicated history which, to judge from a hoard of metalwork found in the interior (now in Manchester University Museum), began in the later Bronze Age.
- It's a scheme that also lends itself to metalwork and woodwork, she says.
- Miss Godfrey said: ‘Modern punches look exactly like the ancient ones and anyone who studied metalwork or woodwork at school would have used the same sort of punch.’
- It is a far cry from the days when girls did domestic science and boys did woodwork or metalwork at school.
- When I went to school there were woodwork, metalwork, and technical drawing classes - those kinds of subjects.
- The exhibition provides endless proof of refinements of beauty in textiles and architecture, woodwork and metalwork, ceramics and miniature painting.
- They're self-taught experts in the minutiae of day-to-day medieval life, tracking down recipes, studying forgotten languages, practising metalwork or sewing.
- All of the interior metalwork is burr-free and easy on the knuckles.
- Most belong in one of five trades: leather work, shoe-making, woodwork, inlay work and metalwork.
- When he was younger and his friends were enjoying doing woodwork and metalwork he preferred spending time in the kitchen. search news
- Offered a choice of ceramics, woodwork and metalwork, she elected to work in metal.
- In intermediate I was top of the school for woodwork and metalwork but I failed cooking because I refused to keep to the recipes.
- Allowing parents to participate in woodwork / metalwork / drama classes?
- The techniques Matthew and his fellow craftsmen use are more akin to woodworking than modern metalwork.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.