In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Vertical-phase tumors are more likely to metastasize (spread cancer to other parts of the body) than radial melanomas.
- Lung cancers often metastasize to the brain, liver, adrenals, bone, and kidneys but evaluation of these organs is usually directed by symptoms and clinical suspicion rather than by routine scanning.
- Cancer cells can also metastasize from their original site to other parts of the body.
- In 70 percent of these cases, the cancer will have metastasized, or spread to other areas of the body.
- In addition, cancers can metastasize by penetrating into blood vessels, lymphatics, and body cavities.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.