In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hueso metatarsiano masculinehueso del metatarso masculine
- The forefoot was fixed to a forefoot plate via metal wires passing over the first and fifth metatarsals.
- Her foot was tender over the middle metatarsal, but there was no swelling, heat, or redness of the foot.
- These rules call for palpation of the proximal fifth metatarsal and navicular in patients with acute ankle injuries and midfoot pain.
- Common sites are the tibia, fibula, metatarsals, lumbar spine (pars interarticularis), and the hip (proximal femur).
- The atrophic form is usually localized to the forefoot and causes osteolysis of the distal metatarsals.
- On inspection, the toes angle abruptly toward the midline, creating a C-shaped lateral foot border with a prominent styloid process of the fifth metatarsal.
- After the metatarsals, the calcaneus is the most common location in the foot for a stress fracture.
- My foot has wide metatarsals with tapered toes, and no shoe fits.
- Multiple fractures of metatarsals on the foot were K-wired.
- The scan demonstrated intense, increased activity in the head of the fourth metatarsal.
- They stated that fractures of the proximal part of the diaphysis of the fifth metatarsal mainly occurred in basketball and soccer players.
- A straight incision parallel to the plantar aspect of the foot was used to approach the base of the fifth metatarsal.
- I had fractured the fifth metatarsal on my right foot and was put in plaster from foot to knee.
- Bone tenderness over the navicular bone or base of the fifth metatarsal is an indication for radiographs to rule out fracture of the foot.
- These fractures most often involve the distal second and third metatarsals and are least common in the fifth metatarsal.
- It is in the plane of the tendon of peroneus longus and its insertion inferolaterally onto the base and side of the first metatarsal.
- The muscle inserts onto the dorsal aspect of the tuberosity of the fifth metatarsal.
- He returned today, and a foot x-ray revealed a stress fracture of the third metatarsal.
- He lost one toe in the past, has had osteomyelitis of his metatarsals several times, and this time around presented with redness and swelling in his heel.
- One common operation is known as an osteotomy of the first metatarsal.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.