In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A shield would protect each community from meteors and space debris.
- Each time a meteor crosses through the atmosphere, it leaves behind a short trail of ionised particles.
- This will produce a surge of mostly faint meteors over Europe and Asia.
- The chunks and pieces of the planet after the explosion could explain the asteroids, meteors and comets.
- The meteors can appear in any part of the sky, so make sure that you have as wide a view of it as possible.
- The witness observed two objects that were moving so fast they appeared to be meteors or shooting stars, they moved so fast.
- In the mean time, let's keep hoping for an extinction-level meteor to hit the earth just so it takes him out too.
- This convergence of government officials does not happen when a meteor falls to Earth.
- He thought he had seen a meteor but before the light disappeared it changed direction.
- Whitehead thinks that the meteor entered the Earth's atmosphere at a low angle.
- Evening meteors much catch Earth by having an orbital velocity greater than the planet.
- Each time a meteor crosses the atmosphere, it leaves behind a short trail of ionised particles.
- Huge parts of the ceiling came hurtling at them like meteors from outer space.
- It may also raise the number of random meteors seen from Earth streaking across the sky.
- Eastern Cape residents could have stars in their eyes later this month when meteors from a passing comet provide an extra-terrestrial show.
- The meteor's light cuts through the fog as it falls directly towards them.
- There are meteors and comets and supernovas and yes, black holes.
- Light from a passing meteor is recorded on several security cameras.
- Observers often mistake these re-entering objects for meteors or UFOs.
- Experts predict that at most a meteor could flash across the sky every minute or two at peak times.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.