In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1meteorólogo masculinemeteoróloga feminine
- All around the world meteorologists fly helium filled balloons to measure, amongst other things, the temperature of the air at different heights above the ground.
- The American Meteorology Society has answers to many questions about meteorologists and career in meteorology.
- The meteorologists who make TV weather maps might denote heavy rainfall with one color and light rainfall with another.
- I got a glimpse of this difficulty because in my military service I was a weather forecaster, a meteorologist.
- A good place to find a qualified meteorologist is through the American Meteorological Society.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.