In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He did not restrict himself to studying mathematics, however, for he studied other topics such as astronomy, meteorology and chemistry.
- The larger theories of geology, astronomy, oceanology, meteorology, ecology, biology, and even physics do not lend themselves to repeatable experiments.
- Evolutionary theory is no more tied to metaphysical naturalism or atheism than is meteorology or medical science.
- Reye's early interest in mathematical physics and meteorology turned to an interest in geometry even while he held the lectureship in mathematical physics at Zurich.
- In this respect, hydrological science and meteorology are still far from being able to predict, before the rains come, which thunderstorms will turn out to be the worst killers.
- Professional forecasters have usually been to university to study meteorology, where for three years they learn a wide-ranging and detailed study of the physical and dynamical processes that occur in the atmosphere.
- There are numerous excursions in scientific realms of chemistry, biology, meteorology, computer science, and most of all mathematics and philosophy.
- While meteorology is a science complicated by chaotic weather patterns, statistics on the tumultuous developments illustrate a definite trend in the past decades.
- It will investigate global atmospheric circulation dynamics, meteorology and chemistry.
- His interests went outside mathematics and he sometimes lectured on astronomy, meteorology and biology where he had a special interest in birds.
- For more than 60 years, weather balloons have been the foundation of global meteorology as they provide atmospheric data to weather stations.
- The Other Physical Sciences category includes geology, geography, hydrology, statistics, meteorology, and physics.
- He wrote about meteorology, biology, physics, poetry, logic, rhetoric, and politics and ethics, among other subjects.
- Understanding factors that affect canopy photosynthesis would contribute to agriculture, ecology, meteorology, and global science.
- Against these arguments, I have seen positivists argue (rightly, I believe) that such observations would also ‘prove’ that meteorology or astronomy is not a science.
- Moving from meteorology as straight science to weather as journalism means more.
- Such research includes studies in climatology, atmospheric science, meteorology, geology and geophysics, ecology, and oceanography, just to name a few.
- As with most other kinds of physical science, more men than women work in meteorology, but the number of women is growing.
- But the science of meteorology, a term that dates back to Aristotle's first musings on the subject, did not really begin to make significant advances until the 18th century.
- Neil has used the same teaching method for his classes in meteorology and environmental science at Lincoln.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.