In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Food waste is turned into hydrogen, methane and carbon monoxide by the heat of the exhaust.
- For example, the alcohol derivative of methane is methanol and of ethane is ethanol.
- Natural gas is mostly methane with small quantities of ethane and other gases mixed in.
- Other trace gases include methane, nitrous oxide, carbon monoxide, sulphur dioxide, and ozone.
- Will it in the meantime be made from hydrocarbons like methane and natural gas?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.