In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- You need excellent guard play and to be methodical in approach, concerned with tempo and getting it down to a possession game.
- Victory over the French may have been completed in a methodical, if not exciting fashion, but England will be warned not to switch off now.
- The search began with methodical, round-the-clock sonar scans of the predetermined search zone.
- At 15, she took up golf and immediately thrived on her country's uniquely methodical approach to fostering the best young talent.
- An effort is now under way to establish a methodical breeding program in the hope of creating a healthy captive population.
- The only sufficient way to counter this, of course, is to use a slow and methodical fashion in approaching your objectives.
- The methodical process and careful attention that Gibbs has devoted to his work belies the banality of his subject.
- The methodical search even involved a police sniffer dog, three-year-old Harvey.
- You still need the sequential, programmed, methodical approach to your child's overall learning.
- Yet people choose dentists every day using much less rigorous and methodical approaches.
- This slow pace results from a methodical and exhaustive research process.
- His occasional obsessions were strategic in nature, procedural, methodical.
- His choir-training methods were methodical, painstaking, and gentlemanly.
- It includes magical incantations, but most of the text takes a methodical, empirical approach to diagnosis and treatment.
- We are going to undertake a fairly rigorous and methodical approach.
- Cohen recommends a methodical, three-part approach to archiving for posterity.
- In terms of its careful emphasis on surprise, artillery concentration, and methodical planning, Amiens pointed the way ahead to Alamein.
- His major motifs are still walls and human figures and he paints them with the same methodical approach to surface detailing as he had done in the past.
- At this time of year, you will find all the answers you are seeking in conscientious, methodical soul-searching.
- Why is it that we don't treat our search for a partner with the same methodical approach as other major decisions, like buying a house or finding a job?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.