In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Endogenous peroxidase activity was quenched by treating the slides with 3% hydrogen peroxide in methyl alcohol for 10 minutes.
- Another example of the usefulness of this technology is in determining potential environmental impacts of using methyl alcohol instead of gasoline in internal combustion engines.
- Planned and feasible solutions include obtaining hydrogen through water electrolysis and then producing ammonia by adding nitrogen to the hydrogen, or producing methyl alcohol by adding carbon to the hydrogen.
- The member for Otago raised an interesting point relating to methyl alcohol and ethyl alcohol.
- Methanol, which is also known as methyl alcohol, wood spirit, and wood naptha, is the simplest example of an alcohol.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.