In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1metro masculinesubterráneo masculine River Plate
- The metro, skyscrapers, suburbs, highway system and underground city were all fuelled by what today seems an almost unrecognizable urban vision.
- By contrast, alternate technologies like people movers, mini metros and monorails require the entire route to be separated either by elevating it, putting it underground or fencing it off.
- Hong Kong is famous as a crowded city, but the metro was built with large scale.
- Neville said Data Display had other major contracts with the Paris metro, the London underground, and rail systems in Lisbon, Stockholm and Amsterdam.
- The major projects designated for the common good and in line with the principles of social justice will include motorways, metros, underground tunnels and major social housing projects.
- The metro of this city is crawling with thieves, as are the crowded tourist areas above ground.
- Numerous less grand railway stations on both main lines and metros, from the West Coast of North America to old cities of Europe like Paris, Berlin and London have helped invigorate urban districts.
- With light rail and metro becoming the city's major public transportation, people majoring in this field have also become hot.
- But some things on the Paris metro will never change.
- In the city, getting around is relatively easy with the metro and tram system.
- It was close to the metro and city centre, making all the must-sees easily accessible.
- Under the deal, Cisco would develop the network in six metros and two cities namely Pune and Ahmedabad in phases, while the services would be offered under Tata Indicom Broadband Services.
- Right from the day we struck upon the idea, we wanted to take the channels beyond the metros to other cities.
- And a number of politicians have called on the transport minister not to appoint the RPA to oversee the city's proposed metro, on the back of its Luas performance.
- The reason why they favoured an underground metro was the natural beauty of Bangalore with its many avenue trees that impressed the Japanese visitors.
- In the meantime, staff in the Hong Kong office are designing mechanical and electrical systems for the Delhi metro in India.
- As a far cheaper alternative to a €2.4 billion airport metro to the city centre, the Dart spur has already provoked considerable political debate.
- Getting around Warsaw is relatively easy and the municipal transport system includes trams, buses and an underground metro.
- A good example of this is the map of an underground railway system or metro.
- Commandos armed with submachineguns guarded shopping malls and the metro as the city police vowed to track down those behind Saturday's attacks.
1metropolitanometro edition — edición metropolitana feminine
- The households with the highest spending levels are those comprised of buyers aged 25 to 44 years living in metro areas of the country.
- Such was the case that by 1992, the University of Alabama at Birmingham was responsible for one of every seven jobs in Birmingham's metro area.
- Now, though, builders are seeing growth opportunities outside of Sun Belt states, in metro areas like Cleveland and Chicago.
- The service is currently available in 18 metro areas.
- Only the Multnomah Co. and Lane Co. metro areas voted Blue.
- Just as there are metro areas that don't appear to have much wealth, there are non-metro areas that have loads of it, including seasonal escapes for the wealthy.
- The steep climb moved Tampa Bay from the 99th most expensive metro area in the nation to 64th, the second biggest leap nationally.
- And I could quickly generate a list of 50 + smaller and rural metro areas that are also pursuing Wi-Fi networks.
- Those 11 metro areas have hosted at least one Super Bowl.
- There are two Pagan landowners in this metro area who host regional festivals and rent their properties to individuals and groups for special rituals.
- The Boston and Washington, D.C., metro areas have two counties and four counties, respectively, in the top 19.
- This has triggered more competition in metro areas, the place where competitive service providers have aggressively challenged incumbents.
- By then, metro area payrolls should reach almost 579,000.
- Nighthawks have been on a steady decline in the last few decades and part of me wondered if peregrines being reintroduced into metro areas was a contributing factor?
- Water constraints were becoming clear in several areas of the state: in coastal areas, in metro Atlanta, and in the Flint River basin.
- The recommendations were based on analyses of commercial strips along three corridors in the Washington, D.C., metro area.
- The extent to which black households in the ‘middle and above’ income categories cluster into metro areas varies widely.
- Century Foundation research has found that economic segregation in the nation's largest 100 metro areas is increasing.
- Classes will be taught in the Philadelphia, Pa. metro area.
- Rankings of 63 metro areas reporting populations 250,000 to 500,000 in the 2000 Census
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.