In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(street)calle flanqueada de antiguas caballerizas convertidas en viviendas, talleres etc
- The same agents sold a three-bedroom mews, Beiginish on Stable Lane in Monkstown, following its withdrawal from auction at €650,000.
- In the adjoining mews, living accommodation includes a lounge/dining room, kitchen cum breakfast room, two bedrooms and a bathroom.
- With three bedrooms, two receptions rooms and extensive use of timber flooring, the mews is in good order throughout.
- This is a unique cut-stone mews where no expense has been spared on the high-tech features and striking interior decor.
- A strong selling point will be a 28 square metre stone outhouse with floored loft - this could be converted to a large garage or possibly a self-contained mews or granny flat, subject to planning permission.
- It also includes the four-storey townhouses, basements, yards and mews.
- This quaint cottage-style mews extends to 85 square metres, including a living room, dining room, three bedrooms and a bathroom.
- A coach house at the end of the garden has vehicular access to a laneway and has obvious potential for conversion to a mews, subject to planning permission.
- The entrance to the mews or garden flat is from the lane behind the main house, and it has the appearance of a country cottage.
- One was the main road that went through town, the second, across, went through to the office buildings and apartments, and the third to a couple mews of town houses.
- It was inevitable that a mock version of London property's most wanted house type - the mews - made its way to Malahide.
- This offers the potential for developing an extension or even building a three-bedroom mews, subject to planning permission.
- Jeffries watched him go down the street to the mews before stepping back and slowly closing the door.
- Subject to planning permission this has obvious potential for conversion to a mews and a number of neighbouring properties have carried out this conversion.
- An architect designed mews on Upper George's Avenue in Blackrock is now on the market through HOK Residential.
- The building comprised almost 266 square metres of net lettable space along with a full yard which provided car parking and a two-bedroom mews to the rear.
- They call this type of house a mews and they are highly sought after.
- Dating from the early 1980s, this semi-detached four-bedroom mews is 130 square metres in area.
- Falling over themselves to focus on Inigo Jones's church and piazza at Covent Garden, historians of Stuart London have overlooked the city's first mews (now Floral Street).
- The basement and mews are occupied and are producing an annual income of €34,300.
- ‘Had all the horses in the mews in a powerful fret,’ said Robert as he saddled his master's horse.
- The principal change from the first phase is the inclusion of a downstairs bedroom and the decision to remove the mews in favour of a sun lounge.
- A two-storey mews at the rear of the building fronts onto Laverty Court providing access to the car park.
- Someone, in the cloistered mews where Aston Martins are built, came up with some rather novel marketing ideas.
- There is a summer mews in need of some tender loving care, and a large cement sunken area which could accommodate a fantastic water feature or even a swimming pool.
- Plans to convert the rundown cobbled mews behind the market in Hildreth Street into commercial space and new homes from November were lodged last month.
- In addition to three reception rooms and four bedrooms, it boasts a self-contained granny flat, a two-story mews and extensive parking for six cars.
- With a planning precedent already set for such buildings on Iona Drive, the selling agent sees no real obstacles to converting the mews into contemporary living space either for rent or sale.
- The 419 square metre property includes a mews to the rear and parking for 11 cars.
- There is also space to the rear which could be developed to provide a mews, subject to planning permission.
- It's called a mews rather than a laneway by the city, probably because it feels a lot more like a narrow street than an alley.
- She claimed her week of vacation time but went to the Center anyway and spent her days sitting in the mews and outside in the weathering areas, listening for anything that Spike had to say.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.