In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In my case, as with most PCIe motherboards, this is not an issue as unless it's a micro, there should be 2 PCI slots left over.
- The MMC micro can operate on either 3.3 volts or 1.8 volts, cutting power consumption up to one-sixth that of competing devices.
- We want to reduce that burden and we are developing a separate code for micros that should be brought before cabinet before the end of [this month].
- So it looks like veterans of early 80s micros could find their finely honed programming skills back in use.
- Thus we have exhibits of 1940s era toys, an exhibition of Churchill Memorabilia, a model railway exhibit, a museum on the history of computing - some minicomputer stuff - plus lots of 1970s vintage micros I hadn't seen for a while.
- I have a real soft-spot for Elite, having played it for many nights on a BBC micro.
- It is therefore heartening to see a new state-of-the-art suite of micros to be used entirely for adult education, at Bunyan Upper School.
- This then allows the micro to send data via some lengthy USB cables and a hub (for the three of us) to a laptop.
- Jodrell Bank, the radio astronomy observatory in the UK, uses a BBC micro from the early 1980s to steer one of their smaller dishes which tracks a pulsar in the Crab nebula.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.