In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I accept that MRSA is an urgent issue, but attempts to make microbiology a political issue are the arguments of the politically desperate.
- Hers is in microbiology and his is in electrical engineering.
- He holds a B.S. in microbiology and an M.S. in biomedical engineering.
- As someone with a background in microbiology, I am well aware of the various bacteria, mycotoxins and other natural but detrimental elements that may be found in our food.
- Modern arguments are extremely technical, involving microbiology and mathematical logic.
- The award was given to him in recognition of his services to the industry including a number of key inventions that have furthered the science of microbiology worldwide.
- His fields of study included microbiology, engineering, and computer science.
- Her uncle had become quite a genius with bacteria and microbiology as gross as the subject is.
- Students at Aberdeen University's Institute of Medical Sciences are carrying out vital research in microbiology and on a wide range of diseases.
- Look at several examples including, chemistry, hematology, coagulation and microbiology.
- In both cases the new science of microbiology, with its emphasis on contact and borders, met the needs of a particular historical moment.
- Pasteur's findings helped established a new branch of science - microbiology.
- It offers a number of challenges in hematology and clinical microscopy, chemistry, and microbiology and immunology.
- This concept has been expanded to include other areas of medicine including microbiology and genetic engineering.
- Her PhD in microbiology and mathematics let her do this rather easily.
- He took a degree in microbiology and then a PhD in aquatic biology at Durham University before joining the water authority as a scientist.
- But is education limited to calculus, literature, microbiology, and quantum physics?
- It takes physics and microbiology to a very new and exciting level - one that can help patients with chronic illnesses.
- If my own educational journey was to start again I would hope to fit in some astronomy and microbiology.
- A higher management span of control in microbiology was associated with identification of bacteria to the genus and species level.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.