In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1microcomputadora feminine Latin Americamicroordenador masculine Spain
- Typically, a community telecentre includes a room in a public and easily accessible place, equipped with 12 microcomputers connected to the Internet, fax and copy machines, printer and scanner.
- Recall that the first microcomputers had as little as four kilobytes of memory; people were asking what these simple things could do.
- Although there were no tangible health risks involved in the development of the microcomputer, the strategies for funding research were not wholly unlike from those of the tobacco industry.
- The Altair 8800 was chosen by two young Harvard University students as the platform for the first microcomputer, Basic interpreter.
- But other counterculturalists, including Brand, quickly recognized the potential of the new wave of microcomputers and personal information technology to link individuals and organizations to transform American society.
- Back in the late 1970's and 1980's, powerful microcomputers were incredibly noisy devices that would almost give you a headache if you spent any time using them.
- The kits have an autonomous microcomputer that can be programmed with a PC.
- In a nutshell, a microcomputer is a small computer that executes software and monitors inputs to control various functions, from something as simple as a window motor to something as complex as a complete engine.
- It will also push innovations in microcomputers, mobile phones, optical storage devices, and network services.
- I made my modest fortune in the computer field, specifically microcomputers.
- But you were there, and I want to make the point that I know you were one of the pioneers, and that you did play a significant part in the early development of microcomputers.
- Researchers believe that by putting microcomputers into every manmade object in the world, computers could, in a manner of speaking, sense the real world.
- Rear Admiral Hopper would tell them to learn everything they could about microcomputers, software and hardware, and to educate their bosses on the subject.
- Then, in Silicon Valley and Texas in the mid 1970s, the microcomputer was invented.
- Imagine a microcomputer supported by dozens of interface, memory and processor option boards.
- But I've also been involved since 1976 with microcomputers, the very small computers that are now everywhere; they're inside your cameras, and they're inside tape recorders.
- Scores and computed data were entered into an IBM-compatible microcomputer of our design.
- The microcomputer then selects one of communication systems based on the profile.
- He invented the first operating system for microcomputers in the early 1970s, making it possible for hobbyists and companies to build the first personal computers.
- If you are accustomed to working with microcomputers, you may feel that microcontrollers are tight spots.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.