In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- If you ask international donor agencies, the secret is more microcredit, like the pioneering Grameen Bank projects that have captured worldwide attention in recent years.
- Begum introduced microcredit to the village a decade ago and 40 women solicited as loan borrowers jointly built a facility where they hold weekly gatherings for the payment of a loan installment.
- The site also offers advice on finding investment professionals and getting involved in microcredit.
- It is promoting microcredit as a way to empower women.
- Together, microcredit and IT have the common capacity to empower poor people, particularly poor women.
- This is surely the rationale of the UN campaign to increase the public's awareness of microcredit.
- I agree with Saint that microcredit is an aid approach worth supporting.
- The Special Envoy for Afghan Women should coordinate foreign assistance in the area of microcredit for women, jobs-creation, and food-for-work opportunities specifically designed for women.
- My role is to talk as best as I can about microcredit.
- It is ironic that the ideas of microcredit originated in the third world.
- We cherished microcredit as a powerful developmental tool that enriches communities by creating entrepreneurs out of the poor.
- To take a second issue, the ability of people to participate in the market economy is enormously influenced by social arrangements for education, health care, microcredit, land reform, and other public policies.
- African women questioned whether microcredit was a boon or bane.
- I would say, yes, in some cases we do, such as microcredit.
- That is why the United Nations has designated 2005 as the international year of microcredit.
- It considered strategies of reinvestment that would benefit labor and the community, including entrepreneurial training with microcredit in stages.
- This may be achieved through commercial market integration, through public and private partnerships that use effective social marketing campaigns, or possibly through programs that include microcredit.
- India's deficiencies have been particularly connected with, on one side, neglect of social opportunities in the form of basic education, basic health care, land reform, development of microcredit, and so on.
- This paper examines the phenomenon of microcredit by focusing on an interesting and unexpected outcome of village banks in a particular zone in rural Senegal: the emergence of a new class of female moneylenders.
- Think of the ‘cell phone’ ladies in Bangladesh who have become their own ‘utility’ by purchasing a cell phone with microcredit, then selling calls in their villages which have no land lines.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.