In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- But if it really is, why not sign the release forms and allow reporters to get direct access to the archived files on microfiche?
- Since it costs about $1.40 to produce a microfiche, this was a saving of $2,800.
- You had to scan the microfiche or even thumb through dusty tomes at the local library or tax assessor's office.
- On microfiche, the documents were published by Primary Source Microfilm as Declassified Documents Reference System.
- The sixth essay, titled ‘Portrait of a Londoner,’ was eventually found on the microfiche in the University of Sussex library.
- He was the most skilled caricaturist the paper ever had; his work just jumps off the old microfiche.
- The 101 is also available on microfiche at the Family History Library.
- The newspapers contain the DNA of the era, and the microfiche is the amber that holds them.
- Sixteen sets of notes were unavailable to the trust's audit team, and a further 104 were available only on microfiche.
- ‘On microfiche,’ Tom answered, putting his glasses away.
- Like in 1995, if you met someone at a party who said they were a writer, you'd have to go down to the library and look up their books on the microfiche.
- Soldiers should review their microfiche (done online now) to ensure their personnel files are complete and accurate.
- It costs about $1.40 to produce a microfiche, so just multiply that by 2,000.
- Fine. But go back to the microfiche at the library, wherever you live, and look at everything else on the page.
- As I trolled back and forth in the microfiche looking for the relevant piece, I was struck by the other things the chattering classes brayed five years ago.
- Beyond, I think, any journalist I have known, McKinnon seems to be happiest in archives and libraries, peering into microfiches and at computer screens.
- While Manda went to check out old newspapers in the microfiches, Michael surfed through a local news website from one of the terminals in the computer room.
- Most libraries keep these on microfiche and simply scan the ones dealing with your focus time and area.
- Ensure that you have a current photo and that all awards shown in your photo are reflected in your microfiche.
- The green square on the right represents the entire microfiche, and the larger image shown on the left is one page scanned from it.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.