In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- So now we have three simple areas of physical science: life, astrophysics, microphysics.
- Given the claims about microphysics it is vital for Green's argument that the real causation can only be found at the microlevel.
- See Peter Galison's Image and Logic for a detailed analysis of the transforming effects of the introduction of new techniques and new technologies in the field of microphysics in the 20th century.
- Nuclear power is a result of man's understanding, and discovery, of principles of what are called microphysics.
- What we see in the sky now are remnants of very, very early microphysics.
- In the realm of microphysics, where we have strong (but still contestable) evidence of indeterminism, our ordinary causal notions do not easily apply.
- We could never predict this coding on the basis of biochemistry or microphysics alone.
- Moreover, the truth at which science aims need not be a single, rock-bottom order of things, as defined, for example, by microphysics.
- We do it by taking the same approach to microphysics.
- Microphysics, for example, is a perfect expression of this: All of microphysics is based on things which are efficient, which determine our power to exist, especially today, but which exist beyond the power of our senses to detect.
- How is it that microphysics is time-reversible, yet macroscopic systems show increasing entropy?
- Tell me when the senses have ever seen a principle of nuclear microphysics.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.