In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Pressure in the xylem elements, monitored with a pressure microprobe, changed from the initial pressure at the time of pressure step to the new steady pressure after some time.
- In view of these complexities, further U-Pb geochronology was carried out using the ion microprobe.
- Until recently, two different methods have been employed: measurement of transmission through peeled epidermal tissue and measurement of leaf internal radiation using fibre-optic microprobes.
- Until recently, ion microprobes could only analyze dozens of such sub-grains at one time and so were able to deduce only the average properties of a sample.
- We manipulated the passive flagella with force-calibrated glass microprobes to measure the force and torque needed to bend the passive flagella.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.