In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- These steels have an austenitic microstructure and they are nonmagnetic.
- Another example of microstructural control is that aragonite with complex microstructures can dissolve more rapidly than thermodynamically less stable magnesian calcite.
- Trip steels have a microstructure with retained austenite, ferrite and martensite.
- Any retained austenite in the steel microstructure can transform under mechanical loading to martensite with a resulting increase in volume.
- Looking at the microstructure of metals can lead to the identification of techniques and postcasting working methods, and help evaluate alloys.
- With the help of a laser, the team next produced within the microstructure many electrons with the same spin orientation.
- The purpose of neutron reflectometry is to reveal the microstructure of materials in thin film geometries.
- As in the case of steels, alloy content and processing conditions affect the toughness of nonferrous metals by affecting their microstructures, which, in turn, determine their toughness.
- Natural systems have quite likely evolved microstructures or materials that get around this potential constraint.
- By altering the microstructure, we can create weak links between the ferromagnetic domains that should lead to new and interesting electronic networks.
- The likelihood of non-steady-state flow in natural deformation presents a fundamental problem for meaningful vorticity analysis using microstructures and finite strain features.
- Light in certain engineered dielectric microstructures can flow in a way similar to electrical currents in semiconductor chips.
- Although limited, overprinting the melt-present fabric development are solid-state microstructures.
- The microstructure of most alloys in the as-cast condition is quite heterogeneous.
- This is color that is caused by microstructures such as diffraction gratings, and thin films rather than pigment.
- As described in the previous section, alloying must be sufficient to ensure that a pearlite-free microstructure is obtained in heat treatment.
- That's what a new study suggests about light-manipulating microstructures known as photonic crystals.
- With such miniaturization, researchers might use this strategy for installing healing properties into materials' internal microstructures.
- More impressive still, its microstructure is strangely bound up with the way in which it is consulted.
- The matrix microstructures resulting from heat treatment can vary from ferrite-pearlite to tempered martensite.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.