In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in boxing, weightlifting)peso mediano masculinepeso medio masculine
- Alexander had previously beaten Fessechko on points at light-middleweight in July 2001, but at middleweight he became the first fighter to floor the durable Ukrainian.
- Is the former world middleweight boxing champion about to make an unexpected confession?
- Today's light heavyweight and middleweight divisions are in bad shape.
- And he was doing that at middleweight, 13 lb heavier than his natural welterweight.
- Moreover, Hearns moved up to middleweight and eventually up to the light heavyweight division.
- In 1958, Sugar Ray Robinson beat Carmen Bastillo to take the world middleweight boxing title.
- He wrestled middleweight in the junior worlds because of different weight limits.
- The super middleweight bout was quite slow paced as Miller just flopped around while Easley watched.
- He has won titles at welterweight and middleweight.
- Camacho easily outboxed him on the way to winning the fringe National Boxing Association super middleweight title.
- I was the California middleweight champion in 1982, so my boxing amateur career was from 1977 to 1984.
- Toney had so much trouble making weight at middleweight and light-heavyweight.
- Castellani was a top class fighter who met the best the welterweight and middleweight divisions could offer.
- Meanwhile, Kenya's Conjestina Achieng, the African women's middleweight boxing champion, also boats a concussive punch.
- Wayne Pinder's birthday has been put on hold until after tonight's defence of his World Boxing Federation middleweight title.
- In the decade of the 40's, Burley was ranked in the top 10 in both the welterweight and middleweight and yet there was no title shot.
- Alan Minter's reign as World Boxing Association middleweight champion came to an end after only six months when he fought ‘Marvellous’ Marvin Hagler at Wembley Arena.
- Like him or loathe him, former middleweight world boxing champion Chris Eubank is a legend.
- Riding an unbeaten streak since 1998, Ward has dominated opponents in the middleweight and light heavyweight classes.
- The first two categories of Men's Open, lightweight and middleweight, are won by default.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.