1(in UK)(industry/region/dialect) de la región central de Inglaterra
- Standard English derives from the old East Midland dialect.
- While there has been significant growth in employment in the Midland region, each of the four counties has experienced substantial job losses in the past two years.
- These children from a British Midland school were having their picture taken on the prime minister's Downing Street doorstep.
- The county had waited 120 years for such an honour and this team of champions have already entered the annals of sporting history in this Midland county.
- Cook's beginnings in 1841, as an organizer of temperance excursions on English Midland railroads, may be well known.
- Modern English comes from the East Midland dialect of Middle English.
- He worked with the Western and Midland health boards before he was appointed personnel officer with the South Eastern Health Board in 1989.