In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1in midlife — en la madurez
- Age-specific mortality rates in males and females are highly correlated, especially at midlife and the oldest ages.
- For some midlife parents, the empty nest isn't an issue simply because the nest hasn't really emptied.
- In its place, there is a rich variety of paths that include self-employment, entrepreneurship, and midlife career changes.
- But then, as happens in midlife, the second generation of the car, the Mustang 2, got fat and lazy.
- The biggest midlife event comes on the heels of postponing change.
- It's all the more poignant and meaningful to me because we were in midlife - I was 43 when I met him and he was 50.
- Studies suggest that grown kids' well-being is a major determinant of well-being for midlife parents.
- For these reasons, it seems appropriate to consider possible developmental edges of varying magnitudes within the period of midlife development.
- In midlife, I find myself in a land where, for the first time, I do not recognize the plants: what is edible, what blooms when, what sets seed when.
- But slowly, subtly, sometime around midlife, your particular data points start to arrange themselves on the larger human curve.
- It's related - it's not something that you can start to treat at midlife.
- He nearly squandered all that until, at midlife, he learned how to leverage his personality with his inheritance.
- Healy's midlife interest in pet ownership, we conclude, is an attempt to resolve his childhood grief, and hence to confront the demons that have haunted him ever since.
- My quest to tell the truth led me in midlife to my dream career.
- His first bout of depression hadn't struck until midlife.
- The government policy is to extend flexible working rights to midlife carers of older people, which will help them with the work-life balance.
- You know what's wrong with us mature adults in midlife and beyond?
- One of the explanations provided for this finding is the importance of work investments as a buffer against the challenges of parenting adolescents during midlife.
- In midlife, the boys attain the highest reaches of power and find that all the years of striving and conniving have left them feeling empty and unfulfilled.
- I suspect that the requirement for more education and the fading-out of creativity in midlife may stem from the same cause.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.