In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1misa de gallo femininemisa del gallo feminine
- The cathedral's carol service takes place on Thursday at 7pm with a midnight Mass on Christmas Eve at 11.30 pm.
- The family gets together on Christmas Eve to decorate the Christmas tree and attend midnight Mass.
- Christmas Eve is celebrated with visiting, drinking, dancing, and gift-giving as well as midnight Mass.
- Despite the relatively small regular attendance, 109 residents turned out for midnight Mass on Christmas Eve and 140 for the crib service.
- Before long, Christmas Eve came and the family walked to midnight Mass.
- The French observe Christmas by attending a midnight Mass.
- There was no sign of snow as the crowds went home after midnight Mass but alas and surprise in the morning the parish had its first white Christmas for years.
- This has nothing to do with family or presents or big dinners but comes from the four weeks of Advent expectation beforehand and then a culmination in midnight Mass on Christmas Eve.
- I loved, as one example, Mien's description of the midnight Mass of their first Christmas in Alice.
- Small fractures are now visible in the arched ceiling of the Church of St Catherine, famous for the worldwide broadcast of midnight Mass on Christmas Eve each year.
- Elaborate meals are served on Christmas Eve by Catholic families who attend midnight Mass.
- She and another visitor from Canada were taken to a midnight Mass at the local Catholic church.
- They were sung in the streets and were interpolated into the midnight Mass of Christmas.
- She died suddenly on her way to midnight Mass on Christmas night 2003.
- After midnight Mass on Christmas Eve, many families go to the cemetery and light candles for their loved ones.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.