In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Politicsmitad del período de gobierno feminine
2.1(period)mitad de un trimestre femininemitad de un semestre feminine
2.2US (exams)exámenes parciales
- It's a busy time right now and people have midterms and other commitments.
- They did so well on all the quizzes, midterms and tutorials that each had an ‘A’ coming up to the finals.
- I was surprised weeks later when I found I had gotten a very decent grade on the midterm.
- Every student but one in my fall 2002 class responded that they preferred the on-line quizzes to an in-class midterm.
- Tara was holding study sessions for second midterms, trying to convince the students that their grades were still salvageable and that they really did need these sessions.
- The point is that each of us has something we do to keep our minds off school, exams and the impending midterms.
- With midterms approaching, it is unavoidable that professors and exam supervisors will have to consider cheating among students.
- I should have been studying for my midterms.
- It's tempting to dismiss cliquishness as a relic from high school, along with midterms, lockers, and prom dates.
- The answers to the eighth-grade geography midterm are in her hands.
- It seemed only natural for our group of four to continue with the study sessions right after class as the midterm loomed closer.
- Ninety percent of the students in Quashie's class bombed the midterm.
- Franchises that have success are studied like a college history book the night before midterms.
- The CSD used to offer me time and a half for midterms and exams to accommodate for this.
- I can't promise anything though since midterms and tons of projects are coming up!
- The exams, midterm, and final were equally weighted when determining final course grade.
- No additional midterms will be posted for this fall term.
- Take another look at meditation, yoga, deep breathing exercises, talking to a professional or any other stress release that works for you during midterms and exams.
- Her teacher had given her one more chance to pass the midterm within two weeks, and if she did so she wouldn't have to repeat the class the following year.
- I smile politely and compliment her on her ‘ageless beauty’ and tell the rest of the ladies that I must retire to my room to do some studying for a midterm coming up.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.