In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1jaqueca femininemigraña femininebefore noun migraine attack — ataque de migraña masculine
- Once a month she would get a full-blown migraine, with visual disturbances, nausea and vomiting.
- Why does one person experience headaches and sore throats whereas another has migraines and tonsillitis?
- Your doctor can diagnose migraines on the basis of the symptoms your child describes.
- Some people are prone to both tension-type headaches and migraines.
- In some illnesses, for example migraine or epilepsy, the diagnosis may be evident from the history alone.
- It is also good for headaches and migraines, and is especially effective in reducing the pain from a rheumatic condition.
- Common migraines may start more slowly than classic migraines and last longer.
- Many people who have migraines often crave sweets at the prodromal stage of the headache.
- If you answer yes to two out of three of these questions, your headaches are probably migraines.
- Her migraines may be accompanied by dizziness, nausea or vomiting as well as sensitivity to light and sound.
- She was going to have to admit to herself that these were no mere headaches, but full-on migraines.
- Some people with migraines have to take medicine every day to prevent headaches.
- It is a common misconception that a bad headache is a migraine.
- It can be used to relieve a number of illnesses from migraines to arthritis.
- While most adult migraines occur in women, migraines in children occur commonly in either sex.
- Other symptoms are depression, anxiety, headaches and migraines.
- Headaches are generally classified as tension headaches, cluster headaches, or migraines.
- It may remain constant, or it can come and go, like the pain of migraines.
- Some also blame the turbines for insomnia, migraines, nausea and depression.
- If you had migraines before you got chronic daily headaches, the migraines might return.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.