In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1migración feminineemigración feminine
- In 2000 the Whooping Crane Eastern Partnership worked together to test the first full migration with sandhill cranes.
- The lack of molt in adults of that species prior to autumn migration probably accounts for this difference.
- The most frequented place at the moment appears to be in the waters off Kalbarri where humpbacks on their northern migration are frolicking about two weeks earlier than usual.
- During these long migrations they are extremely vulnerable to attack by predators.
- You want to write a treatise on swallow migration?
- This may be an important mechanism promoting the shoreward migration of larval invertebrates and fish.
- On many federal lands, one such "impediment" stipulates that drilling must be halted during periods of wildlife migration.
- During periods of migration, the animals transport tribal communities, often as far as several hundred kilometers.
- Twice every year, they begin their migration from the Caspian - up from the shores of Iran into the turbid brown artery of the Volga.
- In March and early April, they begin their northward migration, often up the Pacific Coast, back to the breeding grounds.
- The novel finds a sad, touching disparity between the migrations of birds and the forced marches of uprooted men.
- In proposing the waiver, the agency suggested that it would actually benefit wildlife: By interrupting migration, drilling would enable scientists to study the effects of habitat disruption on the deer.
- The pink salmon migration is expected to start in March or April.
- But each year the number decreased until there was only one, which left in late February, 1995, to begin its long spring migration to Russia's steppes.
- Bird migration is a phenomenon that connects countries, even continents.
- While the Corps issues the permits, the state regulates when the work can be done in accordance with fish migration and spawning seasons.
- First the salmon stacked up in a long pool, waiting for the rush of water that signals the fall migration.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.