In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1efecto dos mil masculine
- Spending levels are expected to spiral above even those in 1999, when major companies splurged out of fear of the millennium bug.
- Italians, who were internationally scolded for slowness in preparing for the millennium bug, woke up sleepily on the first morning of 2000 to find life working as usual.
- The millennium bug stems from mainly older computer systems which were programmed to read only the last two digits of a year.
- Disappointingly, the millennium bug left my computer running smoothly.
- Mayhap the millennium bug was a victim of itself?
- He was finally told that the holiday had been cancelled because airlines were too worried about flying because of the threat of the millennium bug.
- Their fervent hope is that anger at chaos caused by the millennium bug could lead to revulsion powerful enough to prevent the digital ascendancy.
- In fact, European officials are confidently predicting the net economic impact will be nil, just like the millennium bug scare about possible computer glitches in January last year.
- Those of you who think the millennium bug didn't hit, you're mistaken.
- Companies realized, when faced with the millennium bug, that disaster preparedness, security and risk management were fundamental to the survival of corporations.
- This year, the government has been working hard at persuading businesses and individuals to take the millennium bug seriously.
- The millennium bug didn't seem to hamper the year 2000 rollover, but consumers are finding bugs elsewhere, according to reports.
- It seems the flu virus, rather than a computer glitch, turned out to be the real millennium bug.
- Are the people who are warning us about climate change the same people - and the same organizations - that warned us about the millennium bug?
- Although this will not cut much ice with cynics, it is the same argument used to explain why the millennium bug failed to have the catastrophic effects predicted.
- Problems concerning the millennium bug aside, this has not been a particularly good century for getting things right about the future.
- South Korea's Y2K management office is continuing to call on companies to beware of the millennium bug with the start Monday of normal business operations.
- There was a sense of glee that the millennium bug did not bite and market players were ready to take the profits that were delayed into 2000 for tax purposes.
- Even the dreaded millennium bug failed to put in an appearance.
- A report issued the same day by the Conference Board of Canada warned that failure to deal immediately with the millennium bug could throw Canada into a recession in the first half of 2000.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.