In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The popstar millionairess, who may have appeared to have it all, has been through a rough patch herself.
- Can I be greedy and find true love with a millionairess?
- The millionairess is smart enough to know that she has no reason to conceal her attitude, which will hopefully rub off on the campaign that she's partially funding.
- After living variously during the 1980s in Britain and Holland, in 1990 he married a Swiss millionairess and moved to Switzerland.
- How come you had an Australian millionairess visiting and you didn't invite me?
- The Belfast-born self-made millionairess gave generously to charitable causes, including parting with emeralds.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.