- In fact, when the ground is still warm from the fires, ants, wood beetles, millipedes, and centipedes are busy.
- In areas where acid rain is most severe, the supplementary calcium-rich foods that female songbirds depend on - snail shells, isopods such as pill bugs, millipedes, and earthworms - may be in short supply.
- They are predators on spiders, mites, millipedes, and other insects.
- Some arthropods, like the centipedes, millipedes, and insects, have legs with a single branch (uniramous appendages).
- Pulmonate snails, millipedes, scorpions, spiders and mites were certainly present, but are not known from fossils.
- The rubbish also attracted beetles, flies, centipedes and millipedes.
- Insects mined and bored every bit of wood and leaf, while centipedes and millipedes crawled all over.
- These tireless toilers of the soil include such creatures as the earthworms, woodlice and millipedes.
- Plant material accumulated on the pond bottom, creating anoxic conditions that favored the preservation of terrestrial arthropods such as the millipedes and arachnids.
- Thousands of legs, like a giant millipede crawling across the floodplain, kick up puffs of blush-colored dust.
- The arthropodes, like centipedes, beetles, millipedes and worms, bring in the finishing touches to complete the composting.
- The large collection includes earthworms, slugs, snails, beetles, earwigs, ants, moths, crickets, spiders, millipedes and centipedes.
- I received a sample of millipedes and crane fly larvae from a seedling corn field.
- Terrestrial animal life was limited to unwinged insects like millipedes and scorpions.
- They include such things as spiders, leeches, millipedes, pill bugs, flatworms, mites, beetles, and water dwellers such as water scorpions and nematode worms.