In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I get eight miles range using 200 milliwatts.
- Within a few days of being placed in the sediments, prototype fuel cells were producing several milliwatts of power.
- Today's edge-emitting stripe semiconductor lasers are unable to reliably and economically couple much more than 250 milliwatts into a single-mode fiber.
- In addition, solar photovoltaic technology can be produced in any desired amount, from a few milliwatts to many megawatts, if so desired.
- NEC has boasted about a record level of milliwatts it can generate per square centimeter of reaction surface.
- The main beam from a base station hits the ground around 50 metres away, and at this distance the maximum power from a typical 60-watt antenna is around 100 milliwatts per square metre.
- In fact, with the laser set to a mere 6 milliwatts - - six thousandths of a Watt - the material became 50 percent softer than usual.
- Despite the low transmitting power of 200 milliwatts, it was still possible to transfer at 3 Mbit/s to a terminal 500 meters away.
- Paradiso's team also devised a shoe that could generate a few milliwatts of electricity with each footfall.
- Typical power output is limited to between 3 and 100 milliwatts by the need to limit the power drain imposed on the necessarily small batteries.
- Hallmark and his team started with a fairly feeble prototype of their direct methanol fuel cell - one that produced just 100 milliwatts.
- It can run at 500 MHz, supports DDR2 memory and consumes about 500 milliwatts of power during typical usage.
- The DMFC outputs 100 milliwatts of power, and can continue to do so, non-stop, for as long as users top up its integrated fuel tank - a process that is as simple as it is safe.
- So far, the fuel cell can produce up to 150 milliwatts of electricity per square meter of electrode surface.
- They delivered 50 to 100 milliwatts of power and provided secondary electricity for a beacon signal generator.
- While 0.2 milliwatts is not much power it is enough to operate, say, a blood glucose sensor or other very small implanted sensor.
- The output from a single handset can vary enormously, ranging from a minimum of two milliwatts to a maximum of about a watt, depending on whether the phone is in use and how good the signal is.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.