In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Sometimes she added her own witty mime to the words or pulled a funny face to make us laugh, and we did laugh.
- All aspects of the theatre will be covered including games, improvisation, script, mime, physical theatre and clowning.
- She trained in mime and physical theatre, acted on stage and on TV, and ran theatres in Islington and St Catherine's Docks before seeing the job at Jacksons Lane advertised.
- Her pupils learn all about camera work, have step-by-step vocal exercises, discover how to create new characters, find out all about movement, mime and script work and are also taught all about audition techniques.
- Backyard Theatre Company provides training for acting, mime and improvisation, scriptwriting, filmmaking and community drama.
- The ‘provocative and powerful’ show combines humour, spectacle, character comedy and mime on September 26 - October 1.
- Contrary to popular misconception, it is not a collection of gestures or mime.
- A training system needs to integrate technique, style, mime, acting, character dancing, and historical dance.
- Their easy, unforced use of gesture breathes life into mime, making it an extension of speech.
- McColl's delightful monologue is the most well integrated of the five, assisted by physical theatre and mime.
- Her vocabulary was composed of simple runs, skips, and jumps; large, expressive gestures and playful mime.
- It offers workshops providing acting skills, voice, movement, mime, improvisation, text reading, stagecraft, character development and confidence building.
- He muffed a few steps in his solo, but for most of the ballet delivered well the extraordinary combination of modern technique, mime and classical choreography.
- Go along to see a variety of dance including contemporary, hip hop, cabaret, physical theatre, salsa, mime and physical character.
- He uses mime, movement, acrobatics and text in a very literate way.
- Lose yourself at the Wits Theatre in Braamfontein, where Just In Time interweaves mime and movement, and illusion and the surreal take centre stage.
- Her storytelling manner is highly stylised and she uses elements of mime in her movements.
- He did not undergo any special studies in mime or movement.
- He was the outsider who was on intimate terms with them, communicating through comic mime with expressions and gestures that became a well known code.
- Improvisational mime and innovative physical theatre tell the story of a dysfunctional family living outside the law.
2also mime artistmimo feminine
- But after a point, blogging without writing gets to be like the electronic equivalent of street miming, and we all know how lame and annoying street mimes can get.
- Remembered primarily as a pastoral poet, he was in fact a most versatile writer, and a bridal hymn, a panegyric, and a mime describing two middle-class women at a showy religious ceremony are among his best pieces.
- Their attack on George, a 58 year-old United Church minister who was performing a mime, was totally uncalled for, and seemed to be designed to provoke an angry reaction from a peaceful crowd.
- Her majesty also watched a mime and street dance performance from students at Welling School on the theme of life as a teenager.
- Anyone who wanted to take part in any way, be it dancing, singing, telling an impromptu story or doing a mime, was given the opportunity to perform.
- With a cast of 66, lots of music and humour, the mime is produced by Aysha Rau and directed by Aparna Gopinath.
- They cleared the floor and treated the crowd to a mime and dance routine that had us all in stitches.
- The mime in Act 1 looked foreshortened - but I'm used to the Peter Wright version which makes much of it.
- Martin Rowland and Colm Grealis performed wonders in a mime about a visit to the dreaded dentist.
- The crowd were then treated to a mime performed by pupils of 3rd class.
- Any series that can combine absinthe, mannequins, mimes, and beheadings and pull it off is okay in my book.
- A six-member troupe of students presented a mime based on unemployment problems of the youth as well as on issues such as dowry and corruption in various Government departments.
- The school won for performing a street mime showing God's wonderful creation of trees and flowers, butterflies, lady-birds, and insects of all kinds enjoying a clean environment.
- On the night of January 27 there will be a two-hour multi cultural performance of drama, songs, dances and mimes.
1imitarhacer la mímica de
1hacer la mímica
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.