In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1estratagema femininejuego psicológico masculine
- It also tries to shy away from the gruesomeness of multiple murders and the bug-eyed maniac behind them to focus on a kind of psychological mind game where cat and mouse may be interchangeable.
- I still think you're all playing some kind of mind game with us.
- Swingley had seen Rick Swenson, a five-time Iditarod winner, pull psych jobs on others, so he decided to try a little mind game of his own.
- Whatever it takes to convince workers to do whatever it takes to get the company's job done really is a mind game.
- His latest attempt to psyche out Harrison has seen the 32-year-old veteran of 75 fights take an opposite tack from his previous mind game.
- See, the Americans are insisting that the Australians will be tough, but the Aussies think it's all a mind game meant to put the pressure on them.
- Stettner plays up the sexual tension between the two women and maps out an impressive mind game here.
- At Albrecht Oval a real psychological mind game was played.
- It's just a pathetic mind game played by lefty town planners who get their kicks by persecuting motorists, because of course, we're all evil.
- According to the soldiers themselves, cross-dressing is a military mind game, a tactic that instills fear in their rivals.
- Whether Brooks' comments were part of a mind game, trying to get Canada to change its game because he knew his defensemen wouldn't escape under a sustained attack by the big Canadian forwards, remains a mystery.
- This kind of mind game ensures the girls are kept enslaved.
- I think it's a psychological mind game he's still going for the drivers' title.
- Are you trying to tell me something I already know, or is this some kind of hypnotic mind game manufactured and conceived by desk bound salesmen to promote their latest products?
- This is not a name-naming game - but is it a mind game?
- Tonight's State of Origin match between Queensland and New South Wales, for instance, is actually the culmination of a sophisticated mind game that's been going on for three weeks.
- She shouldn't be giving me any kind of compassion like this, maybe she is trying to play some kind of sick mind game.
- For Rhoda, a ‘game’ is specifically a mind game, connected to lying, performing, and power.
- He might simply be a loner, on the lam, already involved - or married - or playing some mind game.
- Championship snooker is the ultimate mind game in which the constant challenge, in Davis' classic phrase, is ‘to play as if it means nothing when it means everything’.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.